Wednesday 2 July 2014

It was beautiful, exhilarating and dangerous… but it’s over.

We’ve all had those relationships. Perhaps when we were younger, first loves… whirlwinds of romance with a stunningly beautiful girl, who many say is too good for us. It’s something which we can concede to a point, but we also back ourselves and know that they’re the lucky ones too. We’re a catch. The sort of girls who are so beautiful and exciting and good in bed that they are; by definition; also a bit mental. But who cares about a bit of crazy when you’re having the time of your life?

Mad all night benders… hours within the throws of passion, she does things to you that you’ve never known before. Your mum hates her. She is beautiful to watch, you can’t take your eyes off her. No one can take their eyes off her… everyone wants her, but they don’t see the crazy. The crazy doesn’t affect them. It gets to the point where the crazy starts to outweigh the fun… the mental ‘episodes’ are getting to you… you begin to wonder whether it’s worth it?

Well Luis… it’s been amazing… it’s been beautiful, exhilarating, passionate and dangerous… but I fear it’s over. I think we need to go our separate ways.


The moment our Luis had a little nibble on the shoulder of Chiellini I pretty much shrugged my shoulders. The media, twitter and of course Evertonians pretty much combusted… but I just felt weary. I had a feeling of ‘oh here we go again.’ I was defensive of Suarez, but I was also not massively sympathetic. My feelings of support towards him didn’t exactly strengthen on the announcement of his punishment. Again I felt sorry for him… in my biased view I felt that the ban was overly harsh and particularly unfair to his club, MY club. When he bit a player in a Liverpool shirt, Uruguay didn’t suffer, but when he does it in a Uruguay shirt, Liverpool suffer? It doesn’t seem fair.

Then the transfer rumours re-surfaced… will Liverpool cut their losses? Barcelona begin to court him and Suarez suddenly turns on his heels and releases an apology with no mention of his club or the supporters he apparently feels so attached to. Our beautiful, crazy, fucked up girl is flirting. But fuck it… do we care? Have we had enough… is it time to move on?

I’m starting to think that when it comes to Luis Suarez, we remember the incredible whirlwind relationship that we’ve had, but be content that it’s coming to an end and look forward to a new dawn… one which is more stable, with just as many beautiful girls and incredible times. Just without the drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment